While the idea of adding houseplants in your home seems nice, it can sometimes be more difficult than it seems. If you’re ready to throw in the towel (or, rather, the gardening gloves) and accept your non-green thumb, don’t quit just yet: these low-maintenance plants are perfect for people just like you.
- Pothos. Perhaps the most common indoor houseplant, the hearty pothos plant is almost impossible to kill. It thrives in almost any type of light, and it will even grow in long, trailing stems from the ceiling all the way to the floor.
- Spider plant. This plant gets it name because it is shaped like the legs of a spider, and because it works best in medium lighting, it’s ideal for just about any room in your apartment home at Windsor at Contee Crossing.
- Areca palm. If you’re looking for a large plant that will make a bit more of an impact, the Areca palm is a great choice. It's very large and vibrant, but it doesn’t require much care.
- English ivy. For something with a classic look, English ivy is just as beautiful as it is low-maintenance. This is an especially great choice for homes with air conditioning, because it prefers lower temperatures.
- Jade plant. If you love succulents (and going weeks between waterings), the thick, sturdy jade plant is for you.
The 15 easiest indoor house plants that won't die on you [Today]
The 13 Houseplants You Can't Kill [Good Housekeeping]
7 Easy-to-Care-for Houseplants [Woman’s Day]